NEW for 2020, The Local Word is supporting two Chosen Charities.
Throughout the year, I am raising awareness (and money) for two fantastic causes – one local, and one national.
The LOCAL Chosen Charity for 2020 is the Ollie Young Foundation.
This amazing charity raises funds for paediatric brain tumour research and support, in memory of little Ollie Young, who died in 2012, a day before his 6th birthday.
The NATIONAL Chosen Charity for 2020 is Alzheimer’s Society.
The wonderful Alzheimer’s Society is at the forefront of research, support and advice for those affected by this, the most common form of Dementia.
If you are able to make a small donation to these causes, I’d be so grateful for your support – please use this link:
Thank you ❤
Community Kindness Awards – Terms & Conditions
- Nominees must be residents of Wokingham borough.
- They can be any age, a couple or family.
- Their kindness should relate to the Coronavirus lockdown, but may well be evident before and after
- Please provide the name and contact number of a second unrelated person who supports the nomination.
- Nominations received after 30th June cannot be considered.